For our first book club, POWHR read Earth Emotions: New Words for a New World by Glenn A. Albrecht. We made a handout so you can look at many of the emotions Glenn writes about in the book, and take a look at some more resources for processing difficult, and good, emotions around climate and ecological change. Enjoy!POWHRs-Earth-Emotions-Handout
Download POWHR’s Earth Emotions Handout:
Resources for climate emotions:
- Generation Dread newsletter: Resources for working with climate change emotions issue
- All We Can Save project: Nurturing a welcoming, connected, and leaderful climate community, rooted in the work and wisdom of women, to grow a life-giving future.
- Climate Psychology Alliance: Psychology for understanding and facing climate change and difficult truths – responding to ecological crisis and helping each other engage.
- Find workshops, retreats, and study groups and learn about the Work That Reconnects
- The Evolving Edge is a branch of TWTR that is focused on decolonizing the practices of TWTR to better meet the needs of communities of color. Read more about The Evolving Edge’s ideas and practices
- Just a few recommended books:
- Active Hope: How to Face The Mess We’re in Without Going Crazy by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone
- All We Can Save [All We Can Save is an anthology of writings by 60 women at the forefront of the climate movement who are harnessing truth, courage, and solutions to lead humanity forward]
- A Field Guide to Climate Anxiety by Sarah Jaquette Ray