Join us March 18, 2018 at 3:00 PM
A prayer vigil, “Giving Witness: Responding to Violation of Community and Creation,” will be held at the Village Green in Newport (a small park adjacent to Mt. Olivet Church), or, if the weather requires it, at the Newport Community Center just down the road. This service will include prayers, scripture, music, and expressions of lament and recommitment to the stewardship of God’s good creation as well as to the strengthening of the bonds of community.
You participation is warmly invited! View the order of events below.
Scheduled participants to date:
- Newport-Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church
- Preserve Montgomery County
- Preserve Giles County
- Bold Appalachia
- Preserve Newport Historic Properties
- First Christian Church-Newport
- Virginia Interfaith Power & Light
- Christ Episcopal Church-Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Jewish Community
- Blacksburg Occasional Brass
- Roanoke Appalachian Trail Club
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation-Blacksburg
- Northside Presbyterian Church-Blacksburg
We ask that representatives of faith-based and environmental organizations wishing to participate to contact Pastor Morris V. Fleischer using our contact form.