On Thursday, September 8, 2022 the Stop MVP coalition and People vs. Fossil Fuels coalition will convene in Washington, D.C. for ‘No Sacrifice Zones: Appalachian Resistance Comes to DC,’ to stop the MVP, show massive public opposition to Manchin’s pipeline side deal, unite the Appalachian frontlines and show how all sacrifice zones are connected so all of our voices and stories can be heard.
But we know not everyone will be able to make it to DC. Luckily, there’s a lot you can do to support our resistance remotely. We will continue to update this list in the run-up to the event.
- Join this lunchtime Virtual Rally on Sept. 8, 12 p.m. EST and learn about the basics of the ”permitting reform” proposal and the Mountain Valley Pipeline and then call their Congress members together.
- West Virginia Residents (current, former, friends of): Sign the West Virginians Against the Manchin-Schumer “Dirty Energy” Side Deal petition.
- Send a letter to your Members of Congress calling on them to do all they can to block Senator Manchin’s dirty “permitting reform” proposal and stand with impacted and frontline communities!
- Call your Members of Congress: Phone Number: 917-791-2257
Call Script: Hi, my name is ____, & I’m from ____. As your constituent I’m calling to demand that you do all you can to block Senator Manchin’s “permitting” proposal. Protecting our communities and climate is more important than giving another gift to the fossil fuel industry. Stand with the communities impacted by fossil fuels and the climate crisis and stop the dirty deal!
- Ask your community to call their representatives and share these actions on social media
- Sign on to POWHR’s newsletter to stay up to date on the movement to #StopMVP